International House awarded 14 students with bursaries last Thursday 14 April at a formal presentation during the annual Scholars Dinner.
The dinner was held in the Dimmick Dining Hall and honoured the students who achieved academic excellence in 2015, whether at school or university. It is the second of four major formal dinners held each year at International House, and was attended by students, staff, tutors, donors and members of the International House council and advisory committees.
The scholarships awarded celebrate and honour the endeavours of student achievement. The students who received awards were:
- Callum Barnden, Sunshine Foundation Scholarship
- Zoe Deed, Weickhardt Academic Potential Scholarship
- Jonathan Dunne, International House Frank Larkins Entrance Scholarship
- Jake Edwards, Commerce At International House Scholarship
- Loz Fry-McBean, Rotary District 9800 Scholarship
- Jessica Sleigh, Cater Care Scholarship
- Rohan Jahagirdar, Dawn Wade Scholarship
- Dulma Jayamanna, Mavis Jackson Academic Potential Scholarship
- Karolina Judd, International House Jane Munro Entrance Bursary
- Benjamin Lam, Weickhardt Academic Achievement Scholarship
- Lauren Robinson, Clifford Family Scholarship
- Lydia Sullivan, James And Joanna Askew Scholarship
- Jun-Ting Yeung, Rotary Club Of Gisborne Peter Reade Scholarship
- Tianhe Xie, Charles Tseng Scholarship
Guests were treated to an entertaining musical rendition of New Street Rumba, which was composed and performed by International House student Thomas Williams.
Associate Professor Timothy Lynch, the newest member of the International House Education Advisory Committee, gave the honourary guest speech. His entertaining discourse on the benefits of a university education and the wonderful and varied pathways ahead was memorable, and the college wishes to sincerely thank his contribution to the event.
International House would also like to thank the ongoing support of the generous donors who have made these scholarships possible. We welcomes enquiries from prospective donors about giving to the college. To discuss opportunities of making a significant impact on a student's education, please visit our scholarships page.
See all the photographs from the 2016 Scholars Dinner on our Facebook page.