Living at International House can be more affordable than private accommodation, especially when you consider the extended pastoral, social and academic support that is provided.
- Semester Two 2019 fees for undergraduate student accommodation
- Residential fee - $15,600 ( 18 weeks from 21 July – 23 November 2019, includes registration, enrolment and all fees)
- Room deposit - $2000 (refundable if all fees paid)
- Caution fee - $1500 (refunded after departure provided the room is left tidy and free of damage)
The Residential fee includes:
- 21 meals per week: Breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week, fruit all day, tea, coffee and hot chocolate 24 hours.
Academic/ Pastoral Care / Student Life/ Security
- Senior academic and well-being staff
- Residential tutors reside in building corridors
- Academic assistance – including relevant tutorials, study sessions, mentoring and seminars
- Participation in IH community: all undergraduate student club events
- Social, recreational and sporting activities as well as intercollegiate activities across 10 colleges.
- Access to graduate students and career pathway mentoring
- Security – Out of Hours officer at IH through the night and weekends
- Security cameras located throughout the college
- Fully furnished individual bedrooms - No additional charges for electricity, water or gas.
- Numerous study rooms
- Library, textbooks, librarian
- Computer lab (with free printing facilities)
- Sport and recreation facilities: fully equipped gym, multi-purpose court
- Communal lounges, entertainment rooms
- Free Wifi
- Architecture/ art & design studio
- Individual and larger music practice rooms with pianos
- Membership to International House Student Club (Undergraduate)
- Extensive gardens
- Laundry facilities
The deposit will be refunded if a student is unsuccessful in gaining a place in a program at the University of Melbourne or an accepted nearby tertiary institution.
- 2019 fees for graduate student accommodation
Ensuite room with shared kitchen - $17,280 (17 Feb 2019 - 14 Dec 2019)
Ensuite room with kitchenette - $18,365 (17 Feb 2019- 14 Dec 2019)
Enrolment fee - $265
Maintenance Levy - $260
Registration fee (non-refundable) - $75
Caution fee - $1500 (refunded after departure, provided the room is left tidy and free of damage)
Deposit - $2000
The room fee includes gas, water, electricity, internet and compulsory IH Graduate Student Association fee. Additionally, you will have access to the college study, sport and recreational facilities, including the IH library, study centre, gym and multi-purpose court.
A breakfast program is also included as part of the overall graduate residential fee, between 17 February and 16 November 2019. Breakfast will be available in the main dining hall.